- 18th October 2018
- 29th August 2018
28th August 2018, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi
Today marks the beginning of working together of two important Councils of the country involved in agricultural and forestry research. One being the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) that has been instrumental in enabling green revolution and food security and the other is the Indian Council for Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) that works to foster better management of forest resources for environmental security.
- 26th July 2018
25th July 2018, New Delhi
An MoU was signed between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, Govt. of India, here today. The MoU envisages to impart training at Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) across the country for creating awareness among farmers for energy efficient pump sets, other equipments and operational practices so as to adopt energy and resource efficiently.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra , Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR) said ICAR, KVKs system & BEE would work together to enhance awareness among the people at the ground level, particularly among farmers to make Indian Agriculture more energy efficient.
Shri Pankaj Kumar, Secretary, BEE said the MoU intends to capacity building and knowledge sharing, so that farmers adopt appropriate measures to save energy.
Dr. A.K.Singh, Deputy Director General (Agricultural Extension), ICAR and Shri Pankaj Kumar, Secretary, BEE signed the MoU on behalf of respective organizations.
The MoU will help in improving fuel energy and increasing water resource use efficiency thereby reducing the cost of cultivation so as to increase farmers’ income in harmony with strategies of “Per drop more crop” and “Doubling Farmers’ income”. Convergence between the government organizations will help in efficient utilization of financial resources with maximum output.
(Source: Agricultural Extension Division, ICAR)
- 9th May 2018
3rd May, 2017, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi
Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR) and Dr. Gareth Johanstone, Director General, International Center for Living Aquatic Resources Management (ICLARM) also known as the World Fish of the CGIAR signed a collaborative work plan on fish agri- food system for the period 2018-19, on 3rd May, 2017 at Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi.
- 9th May 2018
24th April 2018, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi
A delegation of five members led by Mr Robert Patzer, Director, International Engagement Division, Science & Technology Branch, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAC) met Dr Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR) here today.
- 13th April 2018
11th April 2018, New Delhi
A meeting between Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Centre for Agriculture and Biosciences International (CABI) was held at Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR) today. The objective of the meeting was to discuss work plan for 2018-20 and mode of implementation in various fields of agricultural research.
- 28th March 2018
- 21st March 2018
20th March 2018, New Delhi
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers' Welfare and Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) today to promote Skill Development in Agriculture & Allied Sectors.
- 17th March 2018
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, today visited the Krishi Unnati Mela at the IARI Mela Ground, Pusa Campus, in New Delhi. He visited the theme pavilion, and the Jaivik Mela Kumbh. He laid the Foundation Stone for 25 Krishi Vigyan Kendras. He also launched an e-marketing portal for organic products. He gave away the Krishi Karman Awards and the Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Krishi Protsahan Puraskar.
Addressing the gathering, the Prime Minister said that such Unnati Melas play a key role in paving the way for New India. He said that today, he has the opportunity to simultaneously speak to two sentinels of New India – farmers and scientists. He said farmers and scientists have to work together to transform agriculture.
- 16th March 2018
14 March 2018, New Delhi
DARE receives Certificate of Appreciation for e-The (DARE) was honoured by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances for the commendable work done in implementation of e-Office.
Shri Chhabilendra Roul, Special Secretary (DARE) & Secretary (ICAR) received the certificate of Appreciation from Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space here today.
- 16th March 2018
16th March 2018, Pusa, New Delhi.
Krishi Unnati Mela begins at ICAR-IARI Mela today.
- 9th March 2018
8th March 2018, New Delhi
Shri Radha Mohan Singh, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare inaugurated the Annual conference of Vice chancellors of Agricultural Universities and Directors of ICAR Institutes at A.P. Shinde Symposium Hall, NASC Complex, New Delhi. Addressing the gathering, Shri Singh said the Government’s policy initiatives in the last three years have led to record food grain production this year. The total foodgrain production in the country stood at 275.68 million tonnes in 2017-18, which is about 10.64 million tonnes (or 4 percent) more than what was produced in 2013-14. In fact, the production of food grain this year is 19 million tonnes more than the average production between 2011-12 and 2015-16. Horticulture, which contributes significantly to nutrition, also witnessed record production at 305 million tonnes in 2016-17, 4.8% more than last year. The production of fruits has crossed 93 million tonnes and vegetables 178 million tonnes.
- 28th February 2018
28th February 2018, New Delhi
Shri Radha Mohan Singh, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and President of the ICAR highlighted the recent achievements of ICAR, particularly regarding development of new technologies, integrated farming models, diversification in agriculture and development of skilled human resources to boost up productivity and profitability in agriculture. He further emphasized and appreciated ICAR for initiating various programs to honor the commitment for developing the farmer’s income by the year 2022. Shri Singh was addressing 89th Annual General Meeting of the ICAR Society at NASC here today
- 23rd February 2018
30th January 2018, NASC Complex, New Delhi
Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra , Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR) chaired an Annual Review Meeting with representatives of CGIAR (Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research) Centres located in New Delhi here today.
- 23rd February 2018
9th February 2018, New Delhi
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, graced and addressed the 56th convocation of the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) today.
- Smt. Krishna Raj, Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare visits ICAR-CIARI, Port Blair23rd February 2018
21st February, 2018, Port Blair
Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Smt. Krishna Raj visited the ICAR-Central Island Agriculture Research Institute, Port Blair today. In her address, she urged to work in unison to achieve the Government’s target of doubling the income of the farmer’s by 2022. She underlined the need of taking up cage culture, fresh water fisheries, deep sea fishing, sea weed cultivation, better marketing opportunities both at National & International level.
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Releases “Rapid Detection Kits to detect adulteration of Formaldehyde and Ammonia in fresh fish”developed by ICAR-CIFT23rd February 2018
30th January 2018, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi
Shri Radha Mohan Singh, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, released “Rapid Detection Kits (CIFtest) to detect adulteration of Formaldehyde and Ammonia in fresh fish” developed by ICAR-Central Institute of Fisheries Technology, Cochin here today. Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Dr. J. K. Jena Deputy Director General (Fisheries Science) ICAR and Dr. C.N. Ravishankar, Director, ICAR-CIFT, Cochin were also graced the occasion.
- 22nd February 2018
27th December 2017, New Delhi
Shri Radha Mohan Singh, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare launched Livestock Disease Forewarning –Mobile Application (LDF-Mobile App) today in presence of , Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- 22nd February 2018
12th January 2018, New Delhi, India
JOINT PRESS STATEMENT
- We, the ASEAN Ministers of Agriculture and Forestry and the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India, held our Fourth ASEAN- (AIMMAF) on 12 January 2018 in New Delhi, India. The Meeting was Co-chaired by H.E. Mr. Grisada Boonrach, Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand and H. E. Shri Radha Mohan Singh, Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India.
- We were satisfied with the progress made in the implementation of the ASEAN – India Plan of Action (POA) 2011-2015 to implement the ASEAN-India Partnership for Peace, Progress and Shared Prosperity. We task our senior officials for the full implementation of the POA, which would help further deepen and enhance the ASEAN-India cooperation in food, agriculture including animal husbandry and fisheries, and forestry as well as contribute towards the achievement of the post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals, and the related goals of the UN Zero Hunger Challenge
- In particular, under the Action Programme on “Promote Capacity Building, Technology Transfer, and R&D as Mutually Agreed for Global Competence in Agriculture”, four capacity building activities were implemented during the 2013–2015, on (i) IT Application for Agricultural Extension (e-Extension), (ii) National seed quality control system, (iii) Organic certification for fruit and vegetables and (iv) Conventional and molecular techniques for diagnosis of trans-boundary animal diseases. We also noted that training on Buffalo production using reproductive biotechnology was conducted. We look forward to the implementation of more capacity building programmes in 2018 on the Empowerment of ASEAN and Indian women through cooperatives, and Managing food security and price volatility.
- We supported the prioritization of joint collaborative projects in the areas of (i) Agroforestry interventions for livelihood opportunities, (ii) Demonstration and exchange of farm implement and machinery, and (iii) Genetic improvement of parental lines and development of heterotic rice hybrids.
- We noted the endorsement of the Medium Term Plan of Action for ASEAN-India Cooperation in Agriculture and Forestry for 2016–2020 by the SOM AMAF and India. In this connection, we underscore the importance of addressing Climate Change as it negatively impacts food security, and look forward to cooperation on exchanging expertise as to promote enhanced resilience of natural systems, and improve the adaptive capacities of people to cope with environmental hazards.
- We look forward to the implementation of the 3rd Exchange visit for Farmers between ASEAN and India in order to provide opportunities for ASEAN and Indian farmers and fishers, including young and women farmers, to learn and develop more efficient farming practices and management skills through information sharing.
- We agreed to meet again at the 5th ASEAN- to be held in Brunei Darussalam in 2019.
- We express our sincere appreciation to the Government and People of India for the warm hospitality and excellent arrangements made for the Meeting.
- 24th January 2018